August 25, 2013

Summa Tiiime

I was looking back and I haven't updated since June! Oh my goodness so much has happened since then!


  • We went to Tennessee to visit my family which was so great! I love my family and they are always there for us. Of course the kids had a blast hanging with their cousins, setting off fireworks and going on adventures in the woods.
  • We went to the mountains. Oh man, I love Breck in the the summer. We went panning for gold and visited our dear friends. There was a rodeo and Sam and Caroline did the Sheep Scramble. Every time we go the kids beg to go on the gondola. We ride it up, walk around, then ride it down. Its thrilling.
  • Swimming! We have a pool walking distance from the house. Both kids made HUGE strides in swimming this summer. So much so that Sam did his first mini-triathlon. It was the freaking cutest thing ever! He finished and the next day was like, "mom, I want to do another one. When is the next one?" Caroline is becoming a fish as well! Sam better watch out next summer.
  • Camping. We went up to Breck again later and camped with some good friends who have a pull-behind camper big enough to house both of our families (They have 3 kids). I have never been so warm while camping and I never want to camp in anything else. I have been wholly spoiled. They had a bathroom IN the camper. AWE. SOME.
  • Now brace yourselves...this is big... I watched all of the Harry Potter movies. I know! (as you can see my summer has been a non-stop thrill ride). I have never read the books nor seen the movies, so I figured I'd watch the movies first so I wouldn't hate them, and then read the books. They were actually really fun and I didn't feel like I needed to take a shower afterwards, so there's that. It took me a few months, but it was worth it.
  • Sam started Kindergarten. He is going 1/2 day everyday and he is loving it. Caroline is not so excited, but I'm trying to spend really intentional time with her while he is gone.
  • Adoption update: NOTHING. Seriously, not a thing. I will do my best not to be a whiner, but I hate HATE not being able to plan. I'm not even a huge planner, but at least with China, I knew where I was in line. This is completely random. It could be tomorrow, it could be next year. My goal is actually not to think about it. Of course I pray about it, but I don't want to question God's goodness nor his perfect timing. Living in the moment vs. in the future is very tough right now, but I'm getting better at it. I do have times, though, where I am just frustrated with it. I feel like now would be a great time, but ultimately I want God's plan, not mine. And some of you might be thinking, "didn't you just turn in your book in like april or may?" Answer: Yes, and aren't you great at math, it has only been 4 or 5 months, but it feels like FOREVERRRR. And you're like, "you're killing me smalls!" (did you see what I did there? with the reference to the movie? I'm very quick that way).
So, if you are prompted at all to pray for us in this area, here's a few ideas:
  • That I would live in the present, not the future
  • That God would prepare our family for whatever he has planned
  • That I would be patient
  • That His plan would come about sooner than later
Thanks!


Peace Out,
Michele

1 comment:

  1. Michele, I love your posts. They are witty and fun. When I was a senior in high school I took a class called Home Management. The teacher had us make a list of some goals we had for the future. One of mine was that I wanted five children. The plan was to have three biological children and adopt two. Little did I know then how it would turn out. I appreciate your heart to adopt and will certainly keep this situation on my prayer list for you.

    Love you,
    Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete