June 16, 2013

Next Step: Training In Oklahoma

So, here's the deal: I'm sick. I have had a fever since yesterday and every bone in my body hurts. My skin hurts. Then, I take 200 mg of Ibuprofen and it has totally taken the edge off. Most of you probably would head straight there, but I really don't like taking meds. I'm still baking, but not aching. Look at that-I'm well enough to bust out a mad rhyme.

All that to say, I am sitting here in bed and I have ample time to update you on our progress. I haven't looked back at my last post, but to bring you up to speed:


  • We have turned in our life book, home study, etc. Everything is set and birth moms have access to look at our book if we meet their criteria. 
  • There is quite a bit of required reading, which at first was annoying, but now I find that it is so helpful. The books aren't crazy long and each provides a different perspective. I have learned a lot through them. The books dispel a ton of common myths about open adoption and adoption in general. 
  • This week, we head to Tulsa for our required workshop. It is about 3 days and it is boot camp for adoption. For example, we will hear about the legal process in OK, interracial families, relationships with birth moms, etc. 
I have been to Oklahoma exactly one time while driving to TN. Thanks to the signs off I-40, I have been appraised of the various celebrities from the Sooner State. We are flying to Oklahoma, so if anyone has any ideas for things to do with our kids that only takes a few hours, let me know!

Please keep praying for birth moms who might be considering our family!


Peace Out,

Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment