May 1, 2011

Stuff I don't Want to Forget


Sam has been in rare form lately, which can be good and bad. As he is approaching 3 his vocabulary, logic, and general understanding are growing by leaps and bounds. He is trying so hard to figure out his boundaries and in doing so, is wearing me out. (since I'm the primary boundary maker during the day.) He is starting to notice Caroline as more than just a blob, but as a potential source of fun. He and Rufus have a love-hate relationship, depending on who's winning the race/wrestling match/food grabbing.

A few things that have cracked me up over the last few months...

  • We decided to give preschool a try so we toured St. Luke's Little School and really liked it. Later that week, I ran by the school to drop off the application. I just had to run in really quick, but I'd never left the kids alone in the car before. It was a nice day so I left the door open and could clearly see them for the 20 seconds I was out of the car. Sam instantly started crying when we hit the parking lot. I told him that we weren't staying, but I was dropping off some papers so he could come here next fall. As I'm running to the door to drop them off, I hear Sam screaming through tears, "I DON'T WANT TO GO TO PRESCHOOL!!!!" and I yell back, "yes you do!!!"
  • His favorite song for a week started with, "Jesus Christ...dashing through the snow!"
  • He is starting to pick up my mannerisms. The other day he says, "mom. question for you."
  • He yells at the TV. When Buzz Lightyear or any other cartoon character gets in a physical fight he yells, "BUUUUZZZZ. NOOOO. THAT IS NOT KIND!! TIME OUT OR SPANKINGS!!"
  • We are potty training and he gets "m and m's" or "jelly m's" (jelly beans)
  • He calls Caroline "Cawowine"
  • He's obsessed with boots and being naked. Generally at the same time.
  • He has loved black beans since the first day they entered his mouth (he was probably 7 or 8 months old). It was the first time he ever signed "more"
  • He still puts his hands up in the air and says "I want to hold you" when he wants us to carry him. It will be a sad day when he figures out pronouns.
  • He LOVES having company over. He waits at the door and screams when they arrive!
  • He is learning to ride a two-wheeler (with training wheels) and LOVES it.
  • Whenever I am on the phone, he wants to talk to whomever is on the line. (sorry friends!)
So that's an awful lot about Sam, but I haven't done an archive in a long time for him! Next will be Caroline! I just don't want to forget what they were like when they were this little.

Peace Out,
Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment