February 16, 2010

Details, Details

So I don't have a cuddler. Sam is always on the go, even in his sleep. So today, when he woke up a little grumpy from his nap, I took the opportunity to snuggle on the couch for a little while. So for the brief moment he was still I observed a few little details.

My little man has long eyelashes. His hands are still chubby like a starfish. When he is captivated by a show (in this instance, the Olympics) he chews on his blankie ("bownie") and plays with the rest of it with his first two fingers and thumb. Just sitting there, lightly moving his fingers. He crosses his legs at the ankle and rubs his feet on top of each other.

Occasionally, he rested his head on my shoulder, and let me kiss him on the head. That was sweet. I wish I could bottle all of that.

Makes me think that God feels that way about me sometimes. I'm always on the go. No time for snuggles. I bet sometimes He wishes I would just sit there and let him hold me and kiss me on the head. Help me change my attitude about waking up on the wrong side of the bed.

Love it.

Peace Out,
Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment